Monday, June 25, 2012

Rosy Camphorweed, an Arnica Substitute?


I just identified this plant, and I'm pretty excited at my first forays on the internet as far as researching its medicinal properties.  At this interesting site I found other types of Camphorweed listed among wild medicinals.  I'd like to know specifically what the Pluchea baccaris' properties are and any traditional uses.  I'm delighted to find mention of some of the camphorweeds properties being listed as a substitute for Arnica...how exciting!

This will bear more investigating!

If you have any additional information or sources for me to check, I'd love to know!
----------------------------------

Update August 21,2012
Here's a link I found that includes some preparations:  http://findmeacure.com/2007/10/06/camphor-weed-pluchea-camphorata/

No comments:

Post a Comment